Friday, August 3, 2018

My heart goes out to you..

I collected my 9 month chip at my meeting last night, the longest I've made it sober.. it was a great feeling

The meeting and the shares last night took me back to what it felt like to be "new in" - there were newcomers there and the struggle was written all over their face's, I remember crying and shaking in meetings, not wanting to be there AT ALL... it makes me realise how far i've come, and I don't often realise this.

One thing that has stuck in my mind was them saying how sad they felt at not being able to drink again, I used to feel like that - but for me, acceptance has always been the hard part and still is - will I ever truly accept that i'm an alcoholic? Probably not... who knows?

When the sobriety chip part of the meeting commenced I felt very grateful when it got to the 24 hours chip, I know that I never want to go back there - and this is real from the real authentic me

SB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment