Tuesday, July 31, 2018

What is the cost of drinking too much?

I've been thinking about this a lot - I think there is a big difference between problem drinking and alcoholism however does the problem lead there eventually?

When I was drinking I was in the room but not really alive, I couldn't commit to anything as I never knew how bad my hangover was going to be - in the later years of my drinking I would rather stay home alone with a bottle - I can remember my Husband being away and I had made plans to spend the Saturday with the girls.. I ended up drinking so much on the Friday and sneaking down to drink the left over wine on the Saturday morning that it was game over on that weekend - I drew the curtains and drank to oblivion all day. Alone - what an existence

I was also not in the room when it came to work - would someone realise how hungover I was? Could they smell the alcohol.. and that's if I even made it to work

Today? It is so different
Today I turned up to work and chaired a sales meeting, followed by the paper coming in to interview me and find out about the business I run - I look fresh and i'm well rested - I am here, really here and I never want to lose this way of life

SB x

No comments:

Post a Comment